Thursday, January 3, 2013

  In an attempt to collect my thoughts, channel them into a cogent stream of consciousness and hopefully result in helpful reflection (for myself if for none other) I have endeavored to commit to type the musings submitted herein.  For any observers, I apologize from the onset any self-indulgent behavior, for which I am frequently guilty.  To myself, I give you permission to speak freely without threat of shame or recourse.

  Now that is out of the way, I would like to say that the purpose of this journal is to remember the two most influential people in my life to this point:  My father, Patrick Maur McNassar, b. 8/29/1946, d. 1/13/2006 and my son, Liam Patrick McNassar b. 8/27/2004, d. 6/10/2009.  It is through these two people I learned what I should be as a father and as a son.  I learned by example as well as by trial.  I learned as well technique and my goal for spirituality.  In the lives of the two individuals, one that created me and one that I in turn created, both loved well and buried by my own hand, I found a need for understanding and grace.  I have found in their loves, so different, though rooted in the same bonds of blood and element, peace in the knowledge that the gifts I have to share are gifts given to me by them.  I was given two great examples of how to live a life wherein you are true to yourself, honest about your role in the world and above all else, loyal to the ones you love and who rely on you for security, guidance and love.  It is my goal to illustrate the gifts of Patrick and Liam as well as discuss the lasting effects of their presences on my world view as well as my image of myself.  I hope through this Odyssey to eventually understand my role as father and son in a way that I can affect those I love in as positive a way as my father and my son have.

2 comments:

  1. Totally wonderful Brendan. Count me as one of your loyal readers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog and data is excellent and informative as well. a course in miracles lessons

    ReplyDelete