Thursday, March 9, 2017

3/5/2017


Day 5:
  Family Day.  Mario was feeling poorly enough we decided to stay home from church.  It honestly didn't take me very much convincing.  It ended up being a crummy day outside but inside we were warm, clean, happy and together.  Not much more to be asked for on a pleasant March morning.  Sophia, on her quest for cooking experience, asked for me to teach her how to make scrambled eggs.  I have a tendency to over explain things.  In a completely unrelated sentiment, Sophia has a tendency to get anxious when I start explaining how to do things.  I realized today that Sophia learns best as I do, through practice and experimentation.  It is not so much that I don't/won't learn from the experiences of others and take instruction well.  It is more that I find it difficult to conceptualize oral instructions.  Practice allows me to take oral/written instruction and contextualize them.  Everything else is just jibber jabber.  I continue to learn more about myself through the experiences of my children. 

 I got a little work done...but not too much.  I don't want to bee TOO efficient.  I still need a long to do list to keep me up at night.  We relaxed a bit and played Monopoly...because Mario likes money and wants to torture me.  Somehow I, the worst person with money in the world, found a way to win.  Then again, if I could figure out a way to make capitalism into a game, I could probably be a rich man.  As it is, a dominating victory over little kids with 35 years of experience playing the game seems a little hollow.  Note to self:  let the kids win sometimes. 

Started thinking about my next brewing project.  I am thinking about making an IPA.  I really have had limited success with IPAs so far.  There is a first time for everything.  I am also thinking about a cranberry hopped cider.  I will follow up when I have made up my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment