Sunday, March 12, 2017

3/6-3/7/2017

Days 6 & 7:

The days run together, particularly when you are lax in your recording of such.  I didn't ave much to say, mostly because things were quiet and routine.  Monday was a pretty clear day at work.  I was able to get some things taken care of before my Boss headed out of town.  He spends a couple weeks a month overseeing the other programs around the country and leaves me to take care of my campus.  In June he is moving to Memphis which will pretty much mean I am flying solo.  Great.  As if working in the basement like a Morlock wasn't bad enough.  Any way, the sun was shining, I got the go ahead to buy some new toys, I got home before everybody else and had some time to just relax and gather my thoughts.  For having such a solitary job in such a quiet location, I sure don't feel I have much time to think and ponder.

Tuesday was not as nice outside.  It was however a bit more eventful.  I realized the pool filters in the pump house were leaking and needed some work.  I was able to finally locate the parts I needed and get everything put back together.  That was my new experience for the day...whoopee.  Part of the problem with having an aging campus that nobody really knows what to do with in the short term means that you have to pick your battles as far as maintenance and how much money and effort to sink into projects.  I am sure there is an analogy there somewhere for life.  We often operate under the assumption that our life is sacred and we should spare no expense when it comes to our health and self-improvement.  In reality, we have to compromise every day.  Some days you eat a crappy hamburger.  Some days you just hang out watching movies instead of going out for a walk or a run.  Some times you let your kids stay up until 10 pm because it is Friday and you don't feel like going full Nazi on them.  At the same time I have to constantly remind myself that moderation is not an excuse to avoid your responsibilities.  At least it shouldn't be.



No comments:

Post a Comment